March 27, 2013

Hear me baby hold together, fanboy.

Some say it's best if you never meet your idols, lest you be disappointed. I've met several of mine in various states of being...usually in the mindset of staying consciously aware of myself enough not to fanboy out on them. Lucky for me the few times I really have the people have been gracious as fuck.

Tonight I'm seeing the band forgetters. Through my young adult life I've been something of a Jawbreaker and Jets to Brazil fan and I never got to see either. Blake's new band is now playing in such a setting where I'm almost certain a level of closeness I'm not sure I trust my inner fanboy not to lose his shit in. I'm generally a pretty boundary-less person so this will require exercising maximum self control to keep cool. Mega pumped for the show no matter what happens... I'll keep y'all updated. Ha. I'll fix the formatting later.

UPDATE

You know what? I'm not going to fuck with the format. All I can say is that the dude was fucking awesome. He doesn't do pictures with fans anymore but he offered up a hug and was nothing but charming as fuck. Best dude ever. The show was great.  I didn't TOTALLY fanboy out but I gave more than a few heavy compliments. Great band and great folks. Buy their record, see them. Do all that.

I wish I had bought a button. Unfortunately I'm an idiot and I didn't.

The end.

No comments:

Post a Comment